Authors Focus on Data Driven, Consumer Centric Strategies, Tactics and Metrics
DUBUQUE, IA, June 15, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ — While college business and communications programs are vital to marketing’s talent supply chain, some professionals say there are critical disconnects.
Students aren’t graduating with skills necessary for working in a digitally transformed, data driven, metric-oriented marketing communication environment. Digitally-savvy faculty members say a long-standing problem is the lack of an up-to-date, professionally-oriented textbook.
“I have been searching for years for a marketing textbook that really focuses on the communicative aspects of marketing,” said Karen Myers, professor and director of graduate studies, at the University of California, Santa Barbara’s Department of Communication. “My current book was good about 10 years ago, but hasn’t stayed up on the latest digital trends.”
Kendall Hunt’s new release, Integrated Marketing Communication: A Consumer Centric Approach for the Digital Era, by Thomas R. Flynn, James R. Smith, and Michael F. Walsh is grounded in best practices and covers marketing communication’s most enduring principles—while also providing contemporary and digitally focused approaches to key topics in the field.
“The book’s chapters are packed with information that will really give students an idea about how current marketing works with effective visuals and up-to-date examples. It’s fantastic!” Myers added.
“In addition to being a comprehensive college textbook, it’s also an industry text for professionals,” says Anthony Palomba, Visiting Professor at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business. “Recent cases are nuanced enough to distill how important digital marketing is to the IMC ecosystem. This book also does a fine job discussing digital strategies, targeting and using consumer data categories to refine marketing efforts.”
Reporter Assets, Reviews, and Content Highlights
Contact Authors for Interviews/Comments/Quotes/Hi-Res Cover Photo at: [email protected]
Publisher Link/Landing Page: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company: https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/integrated-marketing-communication-consumer-centric-approach-digital-era
© 2021, Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA ISBN-10: 1524943827 ISBN-13: 978-1524943820
Available in: paperback, digital textbook and custom publishing versions.
“As a professor in the field of communication, I have been searching for years for a marketing textbook that really focuses on the communicative aspects of marketing. My current book was good about 10 years ago, but hasn’t stayed up on the latest digital trends. ‘Integrated Marketing Communication: A Consumer-Centric Approach for the Digital Era’ is extremely valuable because it combines the expertise and experience of three authors with different backgrounds. They have created a book that combines theory, industry terminology and the latest trends in marketing and advertising from an industry-insider’s perspective. The chapters are packed with information that will really give students an idea about how current marketing works with effective visuals and up-to-date examples. It’s fantastic!”
—Karen Myers, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara’s Department of Communication, (April 2021)
“In addition to being a comprehensive college textbook, it’s also an industry text for professionals. Recent cases are nuanced enough to distill how important digital marketing is to the IMC ecosystem. This book also does a fine job discussing digital strategies, targeting and using consumer data categories to refine marketing efforts. The comprehensive chapters cover major topics such as; the attention economy, brand management, campaign budgeting, content marketing, loyalty programs, social media, strategic planning, and traditional media. I really appreciate the detail and focus on metrics.”
—Anthony Palomba, Visiting Professor, University of Virginia’s, Darden School of Business, (May 2021)
– Integrates the three foundational IMC documents—consumer profile, creative brief and media plan.
– Emphasizes the consumer journey, touchpoints and improving consumer/customer experiences.
– Identifies critical metrics and KPIs for digital tools: digital display ads, content marketing, ecommerce, email, experiential marketing, mobile, search, social, social analytics, streaming audio/video, traditional media and websites.
– Includes COVID-19’s impact across various IMC processes and consumer behavior.
– Covers timely topics such as: 5G, AI, brand purpose, digital voice assistants, podcasting, PR’s metrics and social media analytics.
– Explains application of strategic, theoretical and data-driven approaches to the message creation process.
– Details budgeting, branding, creative, data analysis, public relations, promotion, traditional and digital media strategies—plus the tactics for improving successful outcomes.
– Describes marketing and messaging automation software powering data driven IMC— from advertising/marketing tech, CDPs, and programmatic media buying to software suites like Adobe and Salesforce.
– Reviews critical regulatory and consumer privacy protection concerns.
– Helps readers talk-the-talk by employing language and terms currently used in digital marketing.
– Designed and written for use in university and professional training environments.
Kendall Hunt Publishing, headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, is a dynamic provider of quality educational products and services. Utilizing a collaborative, solutions-based approach, Kendall Hunt partners with educators to develop affordable content tailored to meet students’ needs. Through a combination of superior service, innovative technology applications and an exceptional content library, Kendall Hunt delivers proven results for both educators and students. Visit us at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here